Wednesday 11 January 2012

Far Ings 8-1-12

I started off at the Haven at Waters Edge and walked along the Humber bank to Barton reedbed,I counted 17 Redshank at the Haven and 1 complete numpty on a bike even for an old boy,as I put my tripod down to get my camera out to photograph the Redshank he rode straight at my tripod and as he went by he turned and said "don't f***ing move then mate"my reply to that was "i'm not you mate".
On reaching Barton reedbed I decided on staking out the Bearded tits again but no luck but did get a Marsh Harrier land in the reedbed another yeartick :).
I continued my walk along the Humber bank just in case the Short-eared Owl was showing but it didn't,a quick walk around the cement works produced Bullfinch,Fieldfare & Redwing.
I then decided to walk along hotel track to Ness hide with a quick scan of hotel pit but no sign of the Smew probably due to 2 fishermen being booked by the local police,I reaching Ness hide and had 30 minutes here birds included the usual winter duck,Cormorant & a single Grey Heron,I made my way then to Target pit & spent a further 30 minutes here again watching the winter ducks with the addition of Wigeon.
I decided on being cold enough that it was time for a coffee at the visitor center and sat and watched over Pursuit Pit,I could see a skein of around 200 Pink-footed geese flying across the farmland,not a bad morning out
Gadwall


2 comments: