Wednesday 1 May 2013

Far Ings 25-4-13

With being up at the crack of dawn and on the reserve at 5.20 Jacqui dropped me off at Ness Farm,Straight away a Barn Owl flew off 1 of the posts and we sat watching it hunt for around 10 minutes before it disappeared.
I started my walk with a quick look in ness hide but mainly coots on the pit,I made my way to the new scrapes which was shared with Shelduck,Teal and Mallard whilst a few Yellow Wagtail pecked about on the bank,I continued to the far end of Chowder ness but all quiet apart from a few Avocet,Curlew and Redshank,I then made my way down through the new pits listening to Common Whitethroat and Sedge Warblers,I just reached the blow wells when I heard the un-mistakable reeling of a Grasshopper Warbler which took only seconds to locate.
Continuing on to the Humber Bank I heard yet another Grasshopper Warbler which again was quickly located and whilst watching it the number of martins started building up with a few House Martins mixed in,when I could see 2 Common Swift high up which was joined by another 3 when 1 of them gave a scream a real sound of summer.
I had a brilliant morning and the whole reserve to myself can't beat it.



No comments:

Post a Comment