Monday 7 May 2012

Bempton Cliffs 5-5-12

With nice weather forecast it was up early for Jacqui and myself so we could catch the 8.15 train to Bempton,arriving just after 9.00 on the train journey I pointed out a Barn Owl hunting,yay Jacqui's first ever wild Barn Owl which put a smile on her face :)
A short walk up to Bempton Cliffs clocking up Common Whitethroat and the usual farmland birds on the way,this was Jacqui's first visit to Bempton so I knew she was in for a real treat despite the cold wind.
We started our visit off at the feeding station where we watched the Tree Sparrows squabbling over a place on the feeders,The ever hungry Jackdaws mopping up everything in sight reminds me of someone I know Mark Maddox :)
we made our way to the left up to Jubilee Corner the most northern view point and my favourite of them,after a hour or so of attempting flight shots of Guillemots and Razorbills we made our way down to Barlett Nab and Grandstand view points,after spending some time here Jacqui and myself made our way back to the visitor centre for a more than welcomed coffee to warm us up.
We then made our way to the south of the reserve to Staple Newk as everyone knows for the Desert Wheatear which stayed here until early this year,I picked out a lone Shag down on the sea and a couple of Grey Seals,the first Gannet chick had hatched on the 3rd fter a while we made our way up to the New roll up viewpoint stopping off to photograph the Gannets on the cliff tops but with it being busy and the RSPB giving guides we didn't stay here long with the cold setting in once again so we made our way back to the visitor centre for another coffee before making our way back to the station stopping off at the village green and watching the Rea's in the field and the goldfish in the pond.
With Jacqui clocking up 14 lifers in a day I think she enjoyed it,oh I remember the days :)





































No comments:

Post a Comment