Monday 15 August 2011

Waters Edge 15-8-11

With a day wasted waiting for a phone call I never got Mandy and myself set off for Waters Edge for her target bird the Little Grebes.
On arrival we both set off for our positions and within 30mins I was done and dusted got them in the bag,happy with my shots I returned to the picnic bench and Mandy joined me a while after with a very disappointed look about her and no shots of the grebes.After a short while she took up position in my spot with the sun behind her and managed a few shots but still wasn't happy with them and returned back to the picnic bench for a can of pop  and a sausage roll,we watched the grebes return to the top end of the pool and take the young back onto the nest and the male fishing close to the bank so I sent Mandy off to get her shots while I sat and watched what went by with 5 Yellow Wagtail,Bullfinch and around 200 Sand Martin returning to roost,finally Mandy returned more happy this time with her 300+ shots,We set off for home as the light was fading a good few hours out in the sun and fresh air.








No comments:

Post a Comment