Wednesday 10 May 2017

Canning Town 18/4/17

I decided on a walk from Beckton to East India Quay today having seen this area from passing on the DLR many times.
I started of  at Royal London docks where I firstly picked up on some Common Terns but not much else apart from Ring-necked Parakeets and a few Sand Martin,so I started a few mile walk up to Canning Town Ecological Park where a male Blackcap greeted me in song along with a Cetti's Warbler a quick look around here especially at the 2 small pools which could be promising for Dragonflies later in the year.
I sat for a while watching a pair of Oystercatcher on the river Lea bank when I noticed a very high distant raptor which was nice to see it was in fact a Red Kite.
Now it was for a shorter walk to East India Quay which I was a bit excited about but on arrival was totally the opposite and disappointed to see it was just full of silt with very little water but a pair of Little Ringed Plover was another welcomed site.





At least it was a really nice warm day,maybe the rest of the week will prove better has I plan on a trip to Walthamstow Reservoirs !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment