Monday 7 November 2011

Far Ings 6-11-11

With some nice light this morning Mandy & myself decided on a walk up to Far Ings to see what we could find,seeing as I decided on not going to Spurn due to being in some pain.
We arrived at Barton Reedbed around 10am with a few Goldcrest & Long-tailed Tit flitting around there wasn't much else around with only Coots at the Monolith,We carried on to Beardy corner as I call it and spent a short while here to see if any Bearded Tit would come but no sign of them,we headed for the visitor centre when I spotted some fungi and Mandy wanted to take some shots of them so I continued to the pond dipping area,here were a few Reed Buntings and more Long-tailed Tits,Mandy caught back up and we sat at the feeding station to see what was coming in on the feeders mainly Goldfinch,Greenfinch,House Sparrow & a few Tree Sparrows the first time I have seen them at this end of the reserve.
Other birds noted were
c700 Golden Plover
Great spotted Woodpecker
Kestrel
Ferruginous Duck
A large flock of waders went down onto Chowder Ness consisting of around 150-200 birds looked about the right size for Black-tail Godwit.







No comments:

Post a Comment