Saturday 23 September 2017

Shrewsbury 18/9/17

Well after a day at Rutland Water seeing my only second American Wigeon in Britain,I decided to go for another American in the form of Black-crowned Night Heron.
With it only being a short walk from Shrewsbury train station so it was ideal and some nice weather until later afternoon.
Arriving at the gardens and looking at the amount of people around my thought was someone is having a laugh here,maybe it was being seen down at the river somewhere.
On walking around I stopped to look at some of the fish in the lake and something made me look up and then the Heron caught my eye sleeping in a bush at first,so I just sat and waited and it decided to wake up and eventually it flew down onto the path near me and then decided to do one in some bushes.
So I left to go get a coffee and came back but was still not to be seen for a while,when it flew across the lake to perch on a small tree around the side,so I went round to get some better photo's with the sun behind me.
Then he decided to go off back round to the board walk and sat on a small conifer tree low to the water before flying back into the bushes on the island out of sight and then the heavens opened up and stopped play,I was going to sit it out but the rain got too heavy so I left for the train back home.
Makes a change to have a nice relaxing day out with a gorgeous bird.















No comments:

Post a Comment